The advantages of working with servers in the cloud

By John Peterson | Dec 21, 2021

Businesses can reap huge benefits from working with servers in the cloud. However, despite the many advantages, they are not always known and businesses do not count on them. The use of cloud servers has allowed companies to focus not on where people work, but on how they work. For this reason, this new concept […]
Read More →

Accelerating the digital transformation of NGOs

By John Peterson | Nov 20, 2021

Various non-profit organizations, educational and governmental entities they work on large amounts of data. Whether they are from their programs, stakeholders, among others. For guarantee optimal processes and security of the most critical data, many of them are starting improvement projects technological, based on the cloud. In this context, one of the providers (Amazon Web […]
Read More →

GDC Podcast Transcript: Season 1, Episode 1

By John Peterson | Oct 31, 2021

What makes a data center green? Data centers are where the cloud and the internet live, and data centers are the fastest growing sector in the design and construction industry from big tech companies to startups, 5G, to blockchain selfies, to self-driving. The internet is expected to become an even bigger part of our lives. […]
Read More →

A duo to protect your data

By John Peterson | Oct 23, 2021

The impact of the cloud technology from the remote or managed administration of data centers to ensuring the availability of the most important data of a company. In previous articles we have already reviewed a key ally for data protection, Druva. And today we want to highlight the advantages of deploying the solutions of Druva […]
Read More →

Sprinkler system inspection, maintenance and testing from afar

By John Peterson | Jul 27, 2021

Even prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, a surprising 20% of sprinkler system failures resulted from deficient inspection, testing, and maintenance. This comes from National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reports, where cited that lack of maintenance is causing about 10% of failures and damage is the cause for about 7%. For data centers, there are a […]
Read More →

Data Center Heat Reuse Revisited 2021

By John Peterson | Jul 06, 2021

Data center heat reuseThere are many companies and engineering designers that realize the dramatic energy savings of reusing the waste heat of data centers. This can be done easily when deploying liquid cooling, but also by using the energy removed from the data center for space heating in other areas of the same building. There […]
Read More →

Liquid cooling update

By John Peterson | Jul 02, 2021

One of the best ways to keep a data center cool is likely not a surprise any longer. Although the amount of gaming, socializing, online video binges, and more has increased significantly, that portion only accounts for about 30% of the internet’s needs for data centers. The other 70% is still all of the various […]
Read More →

Building to the sky: Structure & Utilities

By John Peterson | Mar 25, 2021

Typical data centers need stout structural support to ensure that the heavy equipment inside will be able to be supported without any possible issues. Increased density of IT equipment doesn’t just mean the power and cooling needs, but the servers themselves are physically weighing more than before. For a data center structural design this simply […]
Read More →

Cloud Security

By John Peterson | Feb 21, 2021

Every day more organizations, public, educational and private institutions include the public cloud, as part of their technological infrastructure, convinced of the benefits in data management, economy and above all information security. Being one of the current concerns of every company, from experts in cloud computing, many are committed to deploying services based on this […]
Read More →

Red.ES Digital Kit: Acceleration Program for SMEs

By John Peterson | Feb 21, 2021

The Ministry of Economic Affairs and Digital Transformation, through, an entity dependent on the Secretary of State for Digitalization and Artificial Intelligence, has launched the Acelera program SME with the objective of promoting the digitization of the self-employed and national SMEs.  This project is part of the 2021-2025 SMEs Digitization Plan, which has a […]
Read More →


© 2022, Green Data Center Guide. All Rights Reserved.